The Wise Traveller Reviews

No matter your country of residence, the Wise Traveller provides annual-multi-trip protection for unlimited international travel of up to a maximum of 90 days per trip. Their travel cover is managed by Allianz Global Assistance and includes emergency evacuation cost, medical expense cover, personal liability, lost, stolen or delayed luggage, trip cancellation, curtailment, car rental excess and more! Each traveller is covered as an individual and can travel at any time without other family members. Have peace of mind with access to their 24/7 Emergency Assistance available at any time, anywhere in the world.

Overall rating N/A

Customer Experience


Claims Experience


Value for Money


Currently, there are no reviews for The Wise Traveller

No travel insurance reviews yet for The Wise Traveller. Help out other savvy shoppers and have your say on your customer experience, value for money and claims.

The Wise Traveller FAQ's

How many people can I include in my policy?

Wise Traveller's yearly travel insurance covers individuals, individuals & partners, a family of 3,4,or 5 only.

Am I covered if I go on a cruise?

Yes, you don’t even need to pick a cruise specific policy, you're automatically covered from ship to shore on all cruise carriers.

Am I covered for skiing and my equipment?

No, there are some exclusions such as extreme or high risks sports like as skiing or mountain climbing.

Are kids covered for free?

Yes, their definition of named dependent children includes adopted and step children of the Insured Person, not older than 18 years, or twenty three 23 years if attending as a full time student of an accredited Institution of Higher Learning, who are unmarried, who permanently reside with, and receive the majority of maintenance and support from the Insured Person.

What excess does Wise Traveller have?

Enjoy increased benefit limits with the inclusion of a nominal Excess only on Medical Expenses. All other benefits do not carry an excess.

Am I covered if my tour company collapses?

No, Wise Traveller do not cover for financial collapse, insolvency, or the inability to carry on normal business due to financial reasons of any transport, entertainment, tour, or accommodation provider, or travel agent that you may have booked your holiday with.

I'm not an Australian resident- can I buy cover?

Sure! Wise Traveller allows you to purchase cover no matter what country you reside in.

What size moped or motorbike am I covered to ride overseas?

Wise Traveller will cover you for any engine size you ride as long as you’re insured to do so in the country you reside in. Just make sure you get your International Drivers Permit (IDP) before you leave!

Do they cover for my rental vehicle excess?

Yes, for up to $500 USD. As long as your rental vehicle is not a moped, motorcycle, motorhome, campervan, commercial vehicle or minibus.

Who underwrites them?

Wise Traveller policies are underwritten by Tokyo Marine Insurance.

Where are they based?


Our travel insurance comparison helps you save time, worry and loads of money!